Friday, November 14, 2008


Well. I saw this. Continued walking. And looked again.
Really? A teddy bear shrine at work?
In my neighborhood, teddy bear shrines mean that a child was killed in this location. I went from thinking about that, to "gross, who the f is keeping their teddy bears here" and then back to my desk. I have since (2 days later) learned, that a coworker is collecting them to distribute to kids over the Holidays, which maybe you would have immediately concluded. I'm sure there are some socio-cultural reasons which deteremine what your (vs. my) response to seeing this, I'd love to do some research on that...
Anyway, back in August, I went to see Bruce and ran into some friends who live in my neighborhood, and we starting talking about all the teddy bear shrines around...and we decided I should probably create a website for people to go to post pictures of the shrines, and maybe even a place for someone to tell the story of the shrine. As creepy as it sounds, I did think about it for a couple of weeks, and have it all stored in my head, I even found the shrine which I want to use as the home page, it's down on Delaware Ave, near Spring Garden St., I think right near the Cave, I will try to get a picture to post. Now that this has appeared at my place of work, I started thinking about it again. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home