Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I showed someone the picture of the Teddy Bear Shrine, and they asked me if it was put there in memory of someone who left the company. Actually, that cubicle is the exact place where someone sat who in fact...was...laid off back in August. Which made me think, that isn't the worst idea ever.

Also, I will admit to a couple of things. Last week I had learned something. When I was about 11 I beleive and my sister was 17, she was reading a book called "Go Ask Alice". It was lying around, so I picked it up and started reading some and immediately wanted to know more. This was the surely the book that corrupted my sisters youth. I borrowed it from the library and secretly read it. Well, this week I was riding along in the car and...a great song by Jefferson Airplane came on the radio. One of the lyrics were "...Go ask Alice...". Somehow or another, I missed the reference over these last 19 years. I guess it must be because I wasn't allowed to watch movies, so I didn't know to much about Alice in Wonderland, and missed out on the book altogether?? Then...when I got to thinking about that, and was concerned about why I didn't know that, I remembered how...only last year did I realize that Afghans (as in blankets) were not exclusively made in Afghanistan. All this time, since I was little I have held onto my assessment that Afghanistan is where all knitted blankets come from and that is the whole purpose of the entire country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home